PyDev 3.1.0 released
fabiofz at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 19:37:43 CET 2013
PyDev 3.1.0 has been released
Details on PyDev: http://pydev.org
Details on its development: http://pydev.blogspot.com
LiClipse (PyDev standalone with goodies such as support for Django
* **Important**: PyDev requires Eclipse 3.8 or 4.3 onwards and Java 7! For
older versions, keep using PyDev 2.x.
* It's now possible to rename a module (using F2 or drag and drop in
the pydev package explorer).
* Multiple improvements on the rename refactoring.
* **Automatic code reloading on the debugger** (based on xreload).
* When a file is changed and a debug session is on, PyDev will
automatically reload it (based on xreload).
* **Get referrers on debug**
* Right-click expression or variable in debugger and select 'Get
* Note: may not work on some Python variants as it needs access to
the gc module.
* **Stackless python** is now supported in the debugger, showing all
the suspended tasklets in the stack view.
* Automatically force focus to Eclipse on breakpoint hit (Enable in
prefereces > pydev > debug).
* The remote debugger can be left 'always on' (Enable in prefereces >
pydev > debug).
* If there's an exception while evaluating a conditional breakpoint the
thread is suspended and the issue reported.
* Option to skip caught exceptions thrown and handled in the same
* A comment with @IgnoreException can be added to lines where an
exception is thrown to have that exception ignored by the debugger when
caught exceptions support is turned on.
* Improved visualization of frame objects.
* Bug-fixes on Jython debugging.
* Django: The default PyDev unittest runner can now run Django tests
* Selecting a unit-test method in the editor and **right-click > run as
unit-test** will run only the selected unit-test.
* **Ctrl+F9** with test selected will pre-select only that test to run
* Improvements on search for references (Ctrl+Shift+G).
* Fixed some racing conditions related to the plugin startup.
* Organize imports has option to add from imports before other imports.
* Improved connection to shell that does code-completion.
* Properly supporting creation of shell inside a Jython VM in Eclipse.
What is PyDev?
PyDev is a plugin that enables users to use Eclipse for Python, Jython and
IronPython development -- making Eclipse a first class Python IDE -- It
comes with many goodies such as code completion, syntax highlighting,
syntax analysis, refactor, debug and many others.
PyDev - Python Development Environment for Eclipse
More information about the Python-announce-list