ANN: Gruvi 0.9.1
geertj at gmail.com
Sat Dec 21 22:54:50 CET 2013
Gruvi is a new I/O library for Python. It uses pyuv and coroutines based on python-fibers to provide a synchronous programming model for evented IO.
Gruvi is similar in objective to gevent and asyncio but it has its own unique design.
Some cool features:
* Uses a transport/protocol API (no monkey patching).
* Comes with an SSL transport that should scale on all platforms including Windows.
* Comes with high-performance HTTP client and server implementations (based on the Node.js http-parser), a D-BUS client, and a JSON-RPC client and server.
* Use regular Python function call syntax to call potentially blocking functions. When a function blocks, the current fiber is suspended until the operation completes.
* Has a concurrent.futures like fiber and thread pool.
* Comes with thread-safe synchronization primitives.
Project page (redirects to PyPI page):
Feedback is appreciated on geertj at gmail.com.
More information about the Python-announce-list