ANN: psutil 1.0.0 released
g.rodola at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 17:46:13 CEST 2013
Hi there folks,
I'm pleased to announce the 1.0.0 release of psutil:
=== About ===
psutil is a module providing an interface for retrieving information
on all running processes and system utilization (CPU, memory, disks,
network, users) in a portable way by using Python.
It currently supports Linux, Windows, OSX, FreeBSD and Sun Solaris,
both 32-bit and 64-bit, with Python versions from 2.4 to 3.3 by using
a single code base.
=== New features ===
This new release finally includes support for Sun Solaris systems!
I wish to thank Justin Venus who first wrote a prototype in Cython
which I then converted in C (full story here:
Complete list of bugfixes and enhancements is here:
=== Compatitility notes ===
There's a couple of things you may want to know in terms of backward
* Process.get_connections() 'status' field is no longer a string but
a constant object (psutil.CONN_*)
* Process.get_connections() 'local_address' and 'remote_address'
fields have been renamed to 'laddr' and 'raddr'
* psutil.network_io_counters() has been renamed to psutil.net_io_counters()
There are still aliases for the old names. They will issue a
=== Links ===
* Home page: http://code.google.com/p/psutil
* Source tarball: http://psutil.googlecode.com/files/psutil-1.0.0.tar.gz
* API Reference: http://code.google.com/p/psutil/wiki/Documentation
Please try out this new release and let me know if you experience any
problem by filing issues on the bug tracker.
Thanks in advance and hooray for the new Solaris support! ;-)
All the best,
--- Giampaolo Rodola'
More information about the Python-announce-list