ANNOUNCE: flufl.bounce 2.2

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Fri Jun 21 01:15:54 CEST 2013

I am happy to announce flufl.bounce version 2.2.

The flufl.bounce library provides a set of heuristics and an API for detecting
the original bouncing email addresses from a bounce message.  Many formats
found in the wild are supported, as are VERP and RFC 3464 (DSN).  flufl.bounce
is the bounce detection library used by GNU Mailman.

flufl.bounce is compatible with Python 2.6, 2.7, 3.2, and 3.3.

My deep gratitude to Mark Sapiro for his help in preparing the 2.2 release.
Thanks also to the other contributors named below.

Here's what's new in version 2.2:

 * Added recognition for a bogus Dovecot over-quota rejection sent as an MDN
   rather than a DSN.  (LP: #693134)

 * Tweaked a simplematch regexp that didn't always work.  (LP: #1079254)

 * Added recognition for bounces from mail.ru.  Thanks to Andrey
   Rahmatullin.  (LP: #1079249)

 * Fixed UnicodeDecodeError in qmail.py with non-ascii message.  Thanks
   to Theo Spears.  (LP: #1074592)

 * Added recognition for another Yahoo bounce format.  Thanks to Mark
   Sapiro. (LP: #1157961)

 * Fix documentation bug.  (LP: #1026403)

 * Document the zope.interface requirement. (LP: #1021383)

Full documentation is available here:

    http://pythonhosted.org/flufl.bounce/

The project home page is at:

    https://launchpad.net/flufl.bounce

You can report bugs at:

    https://bugs.launchpad.net/flufl.bounce

Download the package from the Cheeseshop:

    https://pypi.python.org/pypi/flufl.bounce

Enjoy,
-Barry