New major omniORBpy release, version 4.2.0
duncan at grisby.org
Tue Apr 29 23:42:58 CEST 2014
I am pleased to announce the release of a new major version of omniORBpy,
version 4.2.0. omniORBpy is a high performance free CORBA implementation
omniORB 4.2 has a number of new features compared to omniORB 4.1.x, both
large and small. Here are the highlights:
- Full Asynchronous Method Invocation (AMI) support.
- Support for ZIOP, which compresses large messages.
- Call timeouts are indicated with the CORBA.TIMEOUT exception,
rather than CORBA.TRANSIENT (unless suppressed with the
throwTransientOnTimeout configuration parameter).
- Servers can be limited to a range of ports to listen on.
- In Python, IDL attributes can now be accessed as properties of
object references. i.e. IDL attribute 'example' can be accessed
as obj.example as well as with obj._get_example() and
- Ancient Python versions are no longer supported. omniidl and
omniORBpy now only work with Python 2.5 or later.
The releases can be downloaded in source and Windows binary forms from
Thank you to everyone who contributed to these releases in one way or
-- Duncan Grisby --
-- duncan at grisby.org --
-- http://www.grisby.org --
More information about the Python-announce-list