ANN: eGenix mxODBC Plone/Zope Database Adapter 2.2.0

eGenix Team: M.-A. Lemburg info at egenix.com
Thu Dec 11 09:38:40 CET 2014

ANNOUNCING

                  mxODBC Plone/Zope Database Adapter

                            Version 2.2.0

              for the Plone CMS and Zope server platform

              Available for Plone 4.0-4.3 and Plone 5.0,
                        Zope 2.12 and 2.13, on
        Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, FreeBSD and other platforms

This announcement is also available on our web-site for online reading:
http://www.egenix.com/company/news/eGenix-mxODBC-Zope-DA-2.2.0-GA.html

INTRODUCTION

The eGenix mxODBC Zope DA allows you to easily connect your Zope or
Plone CMS installation to just about any database backend on the
market today, giving you the reliability of the commercially supported
eGenix product mxODBC and the flexibility of the ODBC standard as
middle-tier architecture.

The mxODBC Zope Database Adapter is highly portable, just like Zope
itself and provides a high performance interface to all your ODBC data
sources, using a single well-supported interface on Windows, Linux,
Mac OS X, FreeBSD and other platforms.

This makes it ideal for deployment in ZEO Clusters and Zope hosting
environments where stability and high performance are a top priority,
establishing an excellent basis and scalable solution for your Plone
CMS.

Product page:

    http://www.egenix.com/products/zope/mxODBCZopeDA/

NEWS

We are pleased to announce our new version 2.2.0 of the mxODBC
Zope/Plone Database Adapter product.

In this release, we have upgraded the adapter to mxODBC 3.3.1 and
added compatibility with the latest Plone releases and ODBC
drivers/managers.

Feature Enhancements
--------------------

 * Compatible with Plone 4.0 - 4.3.

 * Compatible with the upcoming Plone 5.0.

Enhanced Support for Stored Procedures

 * Added documentation on how to call stored procedures from Plone /
   Zope.

 * Added support for input, output and input/output parameters to the
   .callproc() method for calling stored procedures.

 * Added documentation on how to use External Methods to access and
   use the mxODBC Zope DA connection objects.

Fast Cursor Types

 * Switched to forward-only cursor types for all database backends,
   since this provides a much better performance for MS SQL Server and
   IBM DB2 drivers.

Updated mxODBC API

 * Access all new features from the updated mxODBC 3.3 API via the
   DatabaseConnect.connection attribute or by importing the mxODBC API
   directly. Please see the mxODBC 3.3.0 and 3.3.1 release
   announcements for full details.

Easier Installation

 * ThreadLock egg distribution provided by eGenix to avoid having a
   compiler installed for the installation buildout run. Please see
   our ThreadLock distribution release announcement for details:

   http://www.egenix.com/company/news/eGenix-ThreadLock-Distribution-2.13.0.1.html

For the full list of features, please see the mxODBC Zope DA feature
list:

    http://www.egenix.com/products/zope/mxODBCZopeDA/#Features

Driver Compatibility Enhancements
---------------------------------

 * ODBC driver compatibility updated. By upgrading to the latest
   mxODBC 3.3 release, we are bringing all compatibility enhancements
   added to mxODBC 3.3 to the mxODBC Zope DA. This includes updated
   support for Oracle, MS SQL Server, Sybase ASE, IBM DB2, PostgreSQL
   and MySQL. See the mxODBC 3.3.0 and 3.3.1 release announcements for
   full details:

   http://www.egenix.com/company/news/eGenix-mxODBC-3.3.0-GA.html
   http://www.egenix.com/company/news/eGenix-mxODBC-3.3.1-GA.html

 * ODBC manager compatibility updated. Built against unixODBC 2.3.2,
   iODBC 3.52.8, DataDirect 7.1.2 on Unix. Built against the MS
   Windows Manager ODBC on Windows. Built against iODBC 3.52.8 on Mac
   OS X.

The complete list of changes is available on the mxODBC Zope DA
changelog page.

    http://www.egenix.com/products/zope/mxODBCZopeDA/changelog.html

UPGRADING

Users are encouraged to upgrade to this latest mxODBC Plone/Zope
Database Adapter release to benefit from the new features and updated
ODBC driver support. We have taken special care not to introduce
backwards incompatible changes, making the upgrade experience as
smooth as possible.

For major and minor upgrade purchases, we will give out 20% discount
coupons going from mxODBC Zope DA 1.x to 2.2 and 50% coupons for
upgrades from mxODBC 2.x to 2.2. After upgrade, use of the original
license from which you upgraded is no longer permitted. Patch level
upgrades (e.g. 2.2.0 to 2.2.1) are always free of charge.

Please contact the eGenix.com Sales Team with your existing license
serials for details for an upgrade discount coupon.

If you want to try the new release before purchase, you can request
30-day evaluation licenses by visiting our web-site or writing to
sales at egenix.com, stating your name (or the name of the company) and
the number of eval licenses that you need.

    http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxODBCZopeDA/#Evaluation

DOWNLOADS

Please visit the eGenix mxODBC Zope DA product page for downloads,
instructions on installation and documentation of the packages:

    http://www.egenix.com/company/products/zope/mxODBCZopeDA/

If you want to try the package, please jump straight to the download
instructions:

    http://www.egenix.com/products/zope/mxODBCZopeDA/#Download

Fully functional evaluation licenses for the mxODBC Zope DA are
available free of charge:

    http://www.egenix.com/products/zope/mxODBCZopeDA/#Evaluation

SUPPORT

Commercial support for this product is available directly from
eGenix.com.

Please see the support section of our website for details:

    http://www.egenix.com/services/support/

MORE INFORMATION

For more information on eGenix mxODBC Zope DA, licensing and download
instructions, please write to sales at egenix.com.

About eGenix (http://www.egenix.com/):

    eGenix is a software project, consulting and product company
    focusing on expert project services and professional quality
    products for companies, Python users and developers.

Enjoy,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Dec 11 2014)
2014-12-02: Released mxODBC Connect 2.1.2 ...     http://egenix.com/go66

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/