EuroPython 2015 will be in Bilbao, Spain !

M.-A. Lemburg mal at europython.eu
Wed Dec 24 12:46:02 CET 2014

The EuroPython Society (EPS) is happy to announce that we have decided
to accept the proposal from the on-site team ACPySS
(http://www.pyss.org/) in Spain to hold EuroPython 2015 in Bilbao,
Spain. The decision was made in Monday’s EPS board meeting.

We are extremely happy to have received the proposal and would like to
thank everyone from the ACPySS team for their work on the excellent
submission:

 * ACPySS proposal for EuroPython 2015 in Bilbao (41MB PDF)
   https://www.dropbox.com/s/bx19vj8xvwd8wc9/Proposal-Bilbao-final.pdf?dl=1

The cooperation with the ACPySS throughout the proposal process has
been very productive. The EPS board is now working together with the
ACPySS on the venue selection. The conference dates will be announced
as soon as we have finalized the venue.

Sponsoring EuroPython
---------------------

Companies who would like to signup as EuroPython 2015 sponsor are
encouraged to contact the sponsor workgroup at sponsoring at europython.eu.
We will be taking on launch sponsors early in January.

The two venues we have for the conference have plenty of room for
sponsor booths, so we will try to make EuroPython 2015 as effective as
possible for sponsors by offering more booth space and sponsors slots
than ever before.

This is your chance to reach out to more than a thousand enthusiastic
and highly motivated EuroPython attendees !

EuroPython Workgroups
---------------------

In Monday’s meeting we have also initiated the following EuroPython
workgroups and will follow up in separate blog posts:

 * Finance
 * Sponsors
 * Web
 * On-site Team

We are still looking for volunteers to help with the following workgroups:

 * Conference Administration (contracts, venue contact, ticket
   support, satellite conferences, legal support, insurance,
   licensing)

 * Support (helpdesk, attendee support contact, visa help, travel
   management, chat support for attendees)

 * Financial Aid (setup, grant selection, aid organisation)

 * Marketing/Design (brochures, advertisements, banners, flyers,
   travel guide, t-shirts, lanyards, badges, panels, logo)

 * Media (video recording, live streaming, live translations, uploads
   to YouTube and archive.org)

More information about workgroups is available on our workgroups page:

    http://www.europython-society.org/workgroups

If you want to help, please apply for one or more workgroups which you
feel match your interests and experience. If you’d like to help, but
don’t have enough experience, yet are willing to learn, please apply
as well.

To apply please send an email to board at europython.eu with your
details, the motivation for applying (basically why and how you think
you could help) and the workgroup(s) you’d like to apply for.

Thank you and Merry Christmas,
--
EuroPython Society
http://www.europython-society.org/