asyncio 0.4.1 released

Guido van Rossum guido at python.org
Mon Feb 24 20:01:18 CET 2014

*** NOTE: Python 3.3 only! This module is in the stdlib in Python 3.4. ***

On the heels of Python 3.4.0rc2, I've put a new version of the asyncio
package for Python 3.3 on PyPI: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/asyncio/0.4.1

There's a source distro and a 32-bit Windows wheel. (For 64-bit Windows I
could use some help.)

About asyncio: it's a new stdlib module for asynchronous I/O based on the
"yield from" statement that was added to Python 3.3. It was inspired by
Twisted and the async support in Tornado (amongst other influences). The
original code name for the project is Tulip and this is where the latest
developments happen: http://code.google.com/p/tulip/. Also check out PEP
3156: http://python.org/dev/peps/pep-3156/.

For Python 2 and 3.2, Victor Stinner has created a backport named Trollius:
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/trollius/0.1.5

--
--Guido van Rossum (python.org/~guido)