Wing IDE 5.0.2 released

Wingware info at wingware.com
Wed Jan 15 14:38:11 CET 2014

Hi,

Wingware has released version 5.0.2 of Wing IDE, our integrated development
environment designed specifically for the Python programming language.

Wing IDE includes a professional quality code editor with vi, emacs, and
other
key bindings, auto-completion, call tips, refactoring, context-aware
auto-editing,
a powerful graphical debugger, version control, unit testing, search,
and many
other features.  For details see http://wingware.com/

Changes in this minor release include:

* Support for matplotlib with Anaconda
* Support for Django 1.6
* Preference to auto-add EOL at end of files
* Preference to disable mouse wheel font zoom
* Fix code analysis in files containing \r EOLs
* Fix typing in middle of toolbar search
* Improve look of tabbed areas in dark color palettes
* Fix problems with backspace at start of line
* Fix VI mode : commands
* Fix dragging tools back into main window
* 30 other bug fixes

For details see http://wingware.com/pub/wingide/5.0.2/CHANGELOG.txt

New features in Wing 5 include:

* Now runs native on OS X
* Draggable tools and editors
* Configurable toolbar and editor & project context menus
* Optionally opens a different sets of files in each editor split
* Lockable editor splits
* Optional Python Turbo completion (context-appropriate completion on
all non-symbol keys)
* Sharable color palettes and syntax highlighting configurations
* Auto-editing is on by default (except some operations that have a
learning curve)
* Named file sets
* Sharable launch configurations
* Asynchronous I/O in Debug Probe and Python Shell
* Expanded and rewritten tutorial
* Support for Python 3.4 and Django 1.6

For more information on what's new in Wing 5, see
http://wingware.com/wingide/whatsnew

Free trial: http://wingware.com/wingide/trial
Downloads: http://wingware.com/downloads
Feature matrix: http://wingware.com/wingide/features