ANN: Cerridwen 1.0c4

Leslie P. Polzer sky at havana.port-zero.com
Sun May 11 20:48:25 CEST 2014

Dear Python friends,

today I'm proud to be

  ANNOUNCING: The initial release of a new package,
              named Cerridwen (1.0c4).

  PyPI entry: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/cerridwen

What gives?

  The author perceives a lack of modern open source software
  providing high quality planetary data that is suitable for
  astronomical and astrological purposes.

  So, to start amending that situation I wrote Cerridwen.

  Cerridwen is a moon data API relying on pyswisseph and numpy
  to provide accurate and comprehensive data on the moon.

  With its help you will, for example, be able to get the moon's
  current tropical sign, the dates of the next new and full moons
  and its current absolute and relative diameter.

  Cerridwen offers a JSON HTTP API and comes a simple command-line
  tool. These are built on a library module that you can use to
  develop your own applications.

And you're invited too!

  Please try it if you're interested! :-)

  I've also set up a test server for the API here:

    http://cerridwen.viridian-project.de/api/v1/moon

  You can load it in your browser too for a quick peek! Please
  note that the given information may be up to 10 seconds old,
  due to efficiency considerations in the current version of
  Cerridwen.

  All feedback and participation is welcome, including forks and
  patches. Cerridwen's code is on Github.

Need more information?

  Please do take a look at the PyPI page, it contains more detailed
  information. Also feel free to write to me at <leslie.polzer at gmx.net>.

Thanks for reading!

  With Cerridwen I'm trying to give something back to the Python
  community. This is my first publicly released Python package.

Cheers,

  Leslie