[ANN] Pylint 1.4 released
pcmanticore at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 10:45:38 CET 2014
On behalf of the Pylint development team, I'm happy to announce that
Pylint 1.4 has been released.
This release has a lot of improvements over the last one. One of the
main differences is that support for Python versions < 2.7 has been
droped, which allows us to support Python 2.7 and 3.3+ from a single
Other important changes:
* A Python 3 porting checker, activated by the new flag '--py3k'.
This mode will disable all other checkers and will emit warnings and
errors for constructs which are invalid or removed in Python 3.
* New options for controlling the loading of C extensions.
By default, only C extensions from the stdlib will be loaded
into the active Python interpreter for inspection, because they
can run arbitrary code on import. The option `--extension-pkg-whitelist` can
be used to specify modules or packages that are safe to load.
* An experimental support for using multiple workers to process files
activated with the new --jobs flag.
* A new spelling checker (disabled by default).
* New warnings: boolean-datetime, logging-format-interpolation,
* A lot of other small improvements and bug fixes.
If you find any bugs, don't hesitate to open a new issue on our issue tracker.
More information about the Python-announce-list