devpi maintenance releases
holger at merlinux.eu
Tue Feb 24 15:27:21 CET 2015
Florian Schulze just released several devpi package maintenance updates
to PyPI, see the changelogs below for details. Upgrading is considered
safe and does not require an export/import cycle on the server side.
Note that the "devpi" metapackage is discontinued, please rather use::
pip install devpi-server devpi-client
if you want to install both server and client. You can also install
devpi-web if you want more web UI including search.
Docs for devpi are here, including quickstart tutorials :
- fix issue209: argument default handling changed in argparse in Python 2.7.9.
- fix issue163: use PIP_CONFIG_FILE environment variable if set.
- fix issue191: provide return code !=0 for failures during push
- fix issue214: the whitelisting code stopped inheritance too early.
- fix regression: easy_install went to the full simple project list for a
non existing project.
- When uploading an existing version to a non-volatile index, it's now a
no op instead of an error if the content is identical. If the content is
different, it's still an error.
- Uploading documentation to non-volatile indexes is now protected the same
way as packages.
- added code to allow filtering on packages with stable version numbers.
- Change nginx template to set the X-outside-url header based on the
requested URL. This makes it possible to connect by IP address when
the server name is not in DNS.
- fix issue207: added documentation url for latest stable release of a package.
- added code to allow filtering on stable version numbers.
More information about the Python-announce-list