[RELEASE] six 1.9.0
benjamin at python.org
Fri Jan 2 17:46:52 CET 2015
Happy new year, everyone!
I've just released version 1.9.0 of the six library. Six is a Python 2
and 3 compatibility library. It provides utility functions for smoothing
over the differences between the Python versions with the goal of
writing Python code that is compatible on both Python versions.
Download it now from PyPI:
As always, bugs can be reported on BitBucket:
Thank you to the many contributors to this release.
Here is the changelog:
- Issue #106: Support the `flush` parameter to `six.print_`.
- Pull request #48 and issue #15: Add the `python_2_unicode_compatible`
- Pull request #57 and issue #50: Add several compatibility methods for
assertions that were renamed between Python 2 and 3.
- Issue #105 and pull request #58: Ensure `six.wraps` respects the
- Issue #102: Add `raise_from` to abstract out Python 3's raise from
- Issue #97: Optimize `six.iterbytes` on Python 2.
- Issue #98: Fix `six.moves` race condition in multi-threaded code.
- Pull request #51: Add `six.view(keys|values|itmes)`, which provide
views on Python 2.7+.
More information about the Python-announce-list