ANN: psutil 2.2.0 released

Giampaolo Rodola' g.rodola at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 17:01:23 CET 2015

Hello all,
I'm glad to announce the release of psutil 2.2.0.
In this new release I decided to drop support for Python 2.4 and 2.5 for
good.
Whoever is still on Python 2.4 and 2.5 can use old 2.1.3 version:
https://pypi.python.org/pypi?name=psutil&version=2.1.3&:action=files

Main features and bugfixes
==========================

- FreeBSD has now support for process CPU affinity
- new pstree.py and pidof.py example scripts
- C extension version mismatch in case the user messed up with psutil
installation or with sys.path is now detected at import time
- [Linux] a lot of file descriptors were left open
- [Windows] use proper encoding for psutil.Process.username() and
psutil.users().
- [Solaris] fixed a high-priority bug which crashed psutil on import.

The list of all enhancements and bugfixes is here:
https://github.com/giampaolo/psutil/blob/master/HISTORY.rst#220---2015-01-06

Links
=====

* Home page: https://github.com/giampaolo/psutil
* Downloads:
https://pypi.python.org/pypi?:action=display&name=psutil#downloads
* Documentation: http://pythonhosted.org/psutil/

Please try out this new release and let me know if you experience any
problem by filing issues on the bug tracker.

All the best,

--
Giampaolo - http://grodola.blogspot.com