[ANN] Pylint 1.4.1 / Astroid 1.3.3 released
pcmanticore at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 21:22:42 CET 2015
It's my pleasure to announce the release of both Pylint 1.4.1 and
Astroid 1.3.3 respectively.
The following bug fixes and features made their way into Astroid 1.3.3:
* Restore file_stream to a property, but deprecate it in favour of
the newly added method Module.stream.
* Add inference tips for 'tuple', 'list', 'dict' and 'set' builtins.
* Add brain definition for most string and unicode methods
* Add a new method to Class nodes, 'mro', for obtaining the
the method resolution order of the class.
* Add brain tips for six.moves. Closes issue #63.
* .slots() can contain unicode strings on Python 2.
* Add inference tips for nose.tools.
The complete list of changes can be seen here:
For Pylint, we have the following fixes and features:
* Add a new JSON reporter, usable through -f flag.
* Add a new warning, 'redundant-unittest-assert', emitted when using
unittest's methods assertTrue and assertFalse with constant value
* Check the return of properties when checking for not-callable.
Closes issue #406.
* Warn about using the input() or round() built-ins for Python 3.
Closes issue #411.
* Use a mro traversal for finding abstract methods. Closes issue #415.
* Fix a false positive on Python 2 for raising-bad-type, when
raising tuples in the form 'raise (ZeroDivisionError, None)'.
* Fix a false positive with invalid-slots-objects, where the slot entry
was an unicode string on Python 2. Closes issue #421.
The complete list of changes can be found here:
If you find any bugs, don't hesitate to open a new issue on our issue
More information about the Python-announce-list