Trac 1.1.3 Released
rjollos at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 02:09:14 CET 2015
Trac 1.1.3 Released
Trac 1.1.3 continues the 1.1.x development line leading to 1.2
with some new features and a few not-so-disruptive changes.
Note that the 1.1.x releases are "stable" and tested snapshots
of the trunk. They can be seen as sub-milestones on the road
towards Trac 1.2. As opposed to maintenance releases,
*we offer no guarantees on feature and API compatibility
from one 1.1.x release to the next*.
However, by following 1.1.x you get a chance to use new features
earlier, and therefore be able to contribute feedback when things
are still in flux. It's also less risky than just getting the
latest trunk, as we won't cut a 1.1.x release in the middle
of a series of changes (though we had and still intend to have a
good record of keeping things always working on trunk).
The intended audience are therefore enthusiast Trac users and Trac
plugin developers. These packages should *not* be integrated in
distributions, for example.
Here are a few highlights:
- The ticket creation step can be configured in the TracWorkflow
and the workflow controls are present on the NewTicket
- New notification system that can be extended by plugins (#3517).
- New preferences panel for notification subscriptions (#4056).
- Wiki page version comments can be edited by users with
- Improved positioning of //Add Comment// section and //author//
field on the ticket form (#10207).
- The delete confirmation pages warn if attachments will also
be deleted (#11542).
- Removed support for SilverCity, Enscript and PhpRenderer
syntax highlighters (#11795).
- Combined //Date & Time// and //Language// preference panels
as //Localization// (#11813).
- Groups and permissions can be used in the workflow
`set_owner` attribute (#11839).
Besides the few issues listed here, the fixes made for 1.0.3 are also included.
You can find all the detailed release notes at:
- The Trac Team http://trac.edgewall.org/
More information about the Python-announce-list