[ANN] PySPH-1.0a2: Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics with Python

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitb.ac.in
Fri Jun 12 20:41:55 CEST 2015

Hi,

I am pleased to release PySPH version 1.0a2.  This version works with
Python 2.6.x and 3.4.x in addition to Python 2.7.x.

PySPH is an open source (BSD licensed) framework for Smoothed Particle
Hydrodynamics (SPH) simulations. It is implemented in Python and the
performance critical parts are implemented in Cython.  A wide variety of
SPH formulations are available and new ones can be easily added.

PySPH allows users to write their high-level code in pure Python.  This
Python code is automatically converted to high-performance Cython which
is compiled and executed.  PySPH can also be configured to work
seamlessly with OpenMP and MPI.

Documentation: http://pysph.readthedocs.org
Download: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/PySPH/
Development: http://pysph.bitbucket.org
Changelog: http://pythonhosted.org/PySPH/overview.html#changelog

Installation
------------

Please see the documentation above for detailed instructions.  You
should be able to:

    $ pip install --pre pysph

The extra --pre is needed as our release version is alpha.

Features
--------

- Flexibility to define arbitrary SPH equations in pure Python
- Define your own multi-step integrators in pure Python
- High-performance: our performance is comparable to hand-written
  solvers implemented in low-level languages
- Seamless multi-core support with OpenMP
- Seamless MPI support using: http://www.cs.sandia.gov/zoltan/

PySPH supports a variety of SPH formulations including:

 - Weakly compressible SPH
 - Transport Velocity Formulation
 - SPH for elastic dynamics
 - Compressible flows