Tryton 3.8 released

Cédric Krier cedric.krier at b2ck.com
Mon Nov 2 17:20:45 EST 2015

We are proud to announce the 3.8 release of Tryton.

Tryton is a three-tier high-level general purpose application platform under the license GPL-3 written in Python and using PostgreSQL as database engine.
It is the core base of a complete business solution providing modularity, scalability and security.

For the first time the release contains sao, the new web client of Tryton. It is the result of the Indiegogo campaign. It is developed using mainly jQuery and Bootstrap and its design is responsive. It requires a recent HTML5 compatible browser. Its usage doesn't require any modification on the server side, every modules are working out of the box with sao just like they do with the GTK client. A demo is available at http://demo.tryton.org using demo/demo as login/password. This brings to 3 the number of supported client for Tryton (tryton (GTK), proteus (Python script) and sao (Javascript).

A lot of work has been done to improve the accessibility of the GTK and web clients. For the GTK client, we followed the GNOME Accessibility Developers Guide as much as possible and for the web client, we followed the Web Accessibility Initiative of the W3C.

And of course, this release contains many bug fixes and performance improvements.

As usual, migration from previous series is fully supported.

For more information, here is the full news: http://www.tryton.org/posts/new-tryton-release-38.html