fades 4 beta
facundobatista at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 14:37:46 CEST 2015
We're glad to announce the PRE-release of fades 4. Yes, we're releasing
fades 4 beta.
fades, a FAst DEpendencies for Scripts, is a system that automatically
handles the virtualenvs in the simple cases normally found when
writing scripts or simple programs.
It will automagically create a new virtualenv (or reuse a previous
created one), installing the necessary dependencies, and execute
your script inside that virtualenv.
You only need to execute the script with fades (instead of Python) and
also mark the required dependencies. More details here:
What's new in this release?
- New option to use iPython as the interactive interpreter: --ipython
(thanks Ariel Rossanigo)
- Now it's possible to execute a program inside the virtualenv, with -x
(thanks Ricardo Kirkner)
For example, it's possible to create a project in Django without having
Django installed in your system, doing:
fades -d django -x manage startproject foo
- Can execute fades as a Python's module (thanks Javi Mansilla)
python3 -m fades <...etc...>
- Dependencies can be specified in docstrings
- If you want to fiddle with lower layers options, can send parameters
to virtualend or pip.
- We have a logo!
- Now we run the fades tests using fades itself, no need to install
- Other minor bugfixes and improvements
To get it:
As this is a beta release, just get it from the repository:
Once cloned, you can install it (classic "sudo python3 setup.py install")
or just use it from that directory ("bin/fades").
Help / questions:
- You can ask any question or send any recommendation or request
to the mailing list.
- Also, you can open an issue here (please do if you find any problem!).
Thanks in advance for your time!
More information about the Python-announce-list