ANN: pandas-datareader v0.2.0 released

David Stephens david at davidstephens.io
Sat Oct 10 03:10:10 CEST 2015

Hi,

I'm happy to announce v0.2.0 of pandas-datareader.

This is a major release from v0.1.1 and includes new features and a number
of bug fixes.

*What is it:*

*pandas-datareader* is a Python package that provides remote data access to
financial data.

*pandas-datareader* replaces pandas.io.data and pandas.io.wb in pandas
versions v0.17.0+.

*How to get it:*

Install via pip (conda install coming soon)
pip install pandas-datareader

*How to use it:*

from pandas.io import data, wb # becomes
from pandas_datareader import data, wb

More information available in the documentation here
<https://pandas-datareader.readthedocs.org/en/latest/>.

*Release highlights include:*
*New features*

   - Added latitude and longitude to output of wb.get_countries #47
   <https://github.com/pydata/pandas-datareader/pull/47>
   - Extended DataReader to fetch dividends and stock splits from Yahoo #45
   <https://github.com/pydata/pandas-datareader/pull/45>.
   - Added get_available_datasets to famafrench #56
   <https://github.com/pydata/pandas-datareader/pull/56>.
   - DataReader now supports OECD data sources #101
   <https://github.com/pydata/pandas-datareader/pull/101>.

*Backwards incompatible API changes*

   - Fama French indexes are now pandas.PeriodIndex for annual and monthly
   data, and pandas.DatetimeIndex otherwise #56
   <https://github.com/pydata/pandas-datareader/pull/56>.

*Bug Fixes*

   - Update Fama-French URL #53
   <https://github.com/pydata/pandas-datareader/pull/53>
   - Fixed bug where get_quote_yahoo would fail if a company name had a
   comma #85 <https://github.com/pydata/pandas-datareader/pull/85>

*Issues:*

Please report any issues on our issue tracker
<https://github.com/pydata/pandas-datareader/issues>.
Thanks to all who made this release happen.

Dave

*Thanks to all of the contributors:*

   - 0x0L
   - bashtage