PyCA cryptography 1.0.1 released

Paul Kehrer paul.l.kehrer at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 04:05:44 CEST 2015

PyCA cryptography (https://github.com/pyca/cryptography) 1.0.1 has been released! cryptography is a package which provides cryptographic recipes and primitives to Python developers. Our goal is for it to be your "cryptographic standard library". We support Python 2.6-2.7, Python 3.3+, and PyPy 2.6+.

Changelog (https://cryptography.io/en/latest/changelog/)

* We now ship OS X wheels that statically link OpenSSL by default. When installing a wheel on OS X 10.10+ (and using a Python compiled against the 10.10 SDK) users will no longer need to compile.
* Set the default string mask to UTF-8 in the OpenSSL backend to resolve character encoding issues with older versions of OpenSSL.
* Several new OpenSSL bindings have been added to support a future pyOpenSSL release.
* Raise an error during install on PyPy < 2.6. 1.0+ requires PyPy 2.6+.

Thanks to all the contributors who helped on this release, especially around infrastructure to support the new wheels.

-Paul Kehrer (reaperhulk)