Vulture 0.7 released
jendrikseipp at web.de
Sat Sep 26 22:05:48 CEST 2015
vulture - Find dead code
Vulture finds unused classes, functions and variables in your code.
This helps you cleanup and find errors in your programs. If you run it
on both your library and test suite you can find untested code.
Due to Python's dynamic nature, static code analyzers like vulture are
likely to miss some dead code. Also, code that is only called
implicitly may be reported as unused. Nonetheless, vulture can be a
very helpful tool for achieving high code quality.
* fast: uses static code analysis
* lightweight: only one module
* tested: tests itself and has 100% test coverage
* complements *pyflakes* and has the same output syntax
* supports Python 2.6, 2.7 and 3.x
* Exit with exitcode 1 if path on commandline can't be found.
* Test vulture with vulture.
* Add tests that run vulture as a script.
* Add "python setup.py test" command for running tests.
* Add support for tox.
* Raise test coverage to 100%.
* Remove ez_setup.py.
More information about the Python-announce-list