pyca/cryptography 1.5 released

Paul Kehrer paul.l.kehrer at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 12:02:56 EDT 2016

PyCA cryptography 1.5 has been released to PyPI. cryptography is a package
which provides cryptographic recipes and primitives to Python developers.
Our goal is for it to be your "cryptographic standard library". We support
Python 2.6-2.7, Python 3.3+, and PyPy.

Changelog:

* Added calculate_max_pss_salt_length for RSA PSS.
* Added "one shot" DSAPrivateKey.sign andDSAPublicKey.verify methods to DSA
keys.
* Added "one shot" EllipticCurvePrivateKey.sign and
EllipticCurvePublicKey.verify methods to ECDSA keys.
* Switched back to the older callback model on Python 3.5 in order to
mitigate a locking callback problem with OpenSSL <1.1.0.
* x509.CertificateBuilder, x509.CertificateRevocationListBuilder, and
x509.RevokedCertificateBuilder now accept timezone aware datetime objects
as method arguments.
* cryptography now supports OpenSSL 1.1.0 as a compilation target.

As of 1.5 we are still linking 1.0.2h for the Mac and Windows wheels, but
in the 1.6 release we will switch to linking 1.1.0. Thanks to all the
contributors for their help on this release!

-Paul Kehrer (reaperhulk)