[RELEASE] Python 3.6.0 is released!

Ned Deily nad at python.org
Fri Dec 23 05:34:48 EST 2016

On behalf of the Python development community and the Python 3.6 release
team, I am pleased to announce the availability of Python 3.6.0.  Python
3.6.0 is the newest major release of the Python language, and it contains
many new features and optimizations.  See the "What’s New In Python 3.6"
document for more information:

    https://docs.python.org/3.6/whatsnew/3.6.html

You can download Python 3.6.0 here:

    https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-360/

Also, most third-party distributors of Python should be making 3.6.0
packages available soon.

Maintenance releases for the 3.6 series will follow at regular intervals
starting in the first quarter of 2017.

We hope you enjoy Python 3.6.0!

P.S. As a volunteer-staffed open source project, we could not bring
Python releases to you without the enormous contributions of many,
many people.  Thank you to all who have contributed and reviewed code
and documentation changes, documented and investigated bugs, tested
Python and third-party packages, and provided and supported the
infrastructure needed to support Python development and testing.
Please consider supporting the work of the Python Software Foundation.
More at:

    https://www.python.org/psf-landing/

--
  Ned Deily