ANN: Python 201 Book Kickstarter Campaign

Mike Driscoll mike at pythonlibrary.org
Wed Mar 9 10:39:19 EST 2016

I am happy to announce my latest project, which is the sequel to my Python
101 book: Python 201 – Intermediate Python. I am launching a Kickstarter
campaign to help fund its publication so if you’re interested in
supporting, you can do so here:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/34257246/python-201-intermediate-python

If you already know the basics of Python and now you want to go to the next
level, then this is the book for you! This book is for *intermediate
level *Python
programmers only. There won’t be any beginner chapters here.

*Note*: This book will be covering *Python 3*

*Here are some of the topics covered:*

   - generators / iterators
   - Functional idioms (map, filter, reduce).
   - Writing your own context managers.
   - Command-line argument processing
   - collections
   - itertools
   - functools
   - Function Overloading
   - Basics of regular expressions
   - httplib / urllib (client / server)
   - web scraping
   - Basics of Unicode (encoding and codecs)
   - Timing code (benchmarking)
   - Testing (unit tests, doc tests, mock, coverage)