PyCA/cryptography 1.3 released

Paul Kehrer paul.l.kehrer at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 09:26:38 EDT 2016

On behalf of all our contributors I am pleased to announce the release of PyCA/cryptography (https://github.com/pyca/cryptography) version 1.3. cryptography is a package which provides cryptographic recipes and primitives to Python developers. Our goal is for it to be your "cryptographic standard library". We support Python 2.6-2.7, Python 3.3+, and PyPy.

Changelog (https://cryptography.io/en/latest/changelog/):

* Added support for padding ANSI X.923 with ANSIX923.
* Deprecated support for OpenSSL 0.9.8. Support will be removed in cryptography 1.4.
* Added support for the PolicyConstraints X.509 extension including both parsing and generation using CertificateBuilder and CertificateSigningRequestBuilder.
* Added is_signature_valid to CertificateSigningRequest.
* Fixed an intermittent AssertionError when performing an RSA decryption on an invalid ciphertext, ValueError is now correctly raised in all cases.
* Added from_issuer_subject_key_identifier().

...and the typical miscellaneous improvements. Please see the website changelog for documentation and additional details.

-Paul Kehrer (reaperhulk)