SCons 2.5.1 Released
bill at baddogconsulting.com
Sat Nov 5 13:30:52 EDT 2016
SCons - a software construction tool
RELEASE 2.5.1 - Mon, 03 Nov 2016 13:37:42 -0400
From William Deegan:
- Add scons-configure-cache.py to packaging. It was omitted
From Alexey Klimkin:
- Use memoization to optimize PATH evaluation across all dependencies
node. (PR #345)
RELEASE 2.5.0 - Mon, 09 Apr 2016 11:27:42 -0700
From Dirk Baechle:
- Removed a lot of compatibility methods and workarounds
for Python versions < 2.7, in order to prepare the work
towards a combined 2.7/3.x version. (PR #284)
Also fixed the default arguments for the print_tree and
render_tree methods. (PR #284, too)
From William Blevins:
- Added support for cross-language dependency scanning;
SCons now respects scanner keys for implicit dependencies.
- Notes for SCons users with heterogeneous systems.
- May find new (previously missed) dependencies.
- May cause rebuild after upgrade due to dependency changes.
- May find new dependency errors (EG. cycles).
- Discovered in some of the SCons QT tests.
- Resolved missing cross-language dependencies for
SWIG bindings (fixes #2264).
- Corrected typo in User Guide for Scanner keyword. (PR #2959)
- Install builder interacts with scanner found in SCANNERS differently.
- Previous: Install builder recursively scanned implicit dependencies
for scanners from SCANNER, but not for built-in (default) scanners.
- Current: Install builder will not scan for implicit dependencies via
either scanner source. This optimizes some Install builder behavior
and brings orthogonality to Install builder scanning behavior.
From William Deegan:
- Add better messaging when two environments have
different actions for the same target (Bug #2024)
- Fix issue only with MSVC and Always build where targets
marked AlwaysBuild wouldn't make it into CHANGED_SOURCES
and thus yield an empty compile command line. (Bug #2622)
- Fix posix platform escaping logic to properly handle paths
with parens in them "()". (Bug #2225)
From Jakub Pola:
- Intel Compiler 2016 (Linux/Mac) update for tool directories.
From Adarsh Sanjeev:
- Fix for issue #2494: Added string support for Chmod function.
From Tom Tanner:
- change cache to use 2 character subdirectories, rather than one
so as not to give huge directories for large caches, a situation which
causes issues for NFS.
For existing caches, you will need to run the scons-configure-cache.py
script to update them to the new format. You will get a warning every
you build until you co this.
- Fix a bunch of unit tests on windows
More information about the Python-announce-list