ANN: eGenix PyRun - One file Python Runtime 2.2.3

eGenix Team: M.-A. Lemburg info at egenix.com
Mon Nov 21 08:40:17 EST 2016

ANNOUNCING

		eGenix PyRun - One file Python Runtime

			    Version 2.2.3

       An easy-to-use single file relocatable Python run-time -
	  available for Linux, Mac OS X and Unix platforms,
	      with support for Python 2.6, 2.7, 3.4 and
			* also for Python 3.5 *

This announcement is also available on our web-site for online reading:
http://www.egenix.com/company/news/eGenix-PyRun-2.2.3-GA.html

INTRODUCTION

eGenix PyRun is our open source, one file, no installation version of
Python, making the distribution of a Python interpreter to run based
scripts and applications to Unix based systems as simple as copying a
single file.

eGenix PyRun's executable only needs 11MB for Python 2 and 13MB for
Python 3, but still supports most Python application and scripts - and
it can be compressed to just 3-4MB using upx, if needed.

Compared to a regular Python installation of typically 100MB on disk,
eGenix PyRun is ideal for applications and scripts that need to be
distributed to several target machines, client installations or
customers.

It makes "installing" Python on a Unix based system as simple as
copying a single file.

eGenix has been using eGenix PyRun internally in the mxODBC Connect
Server product since 2008 with great success and decided to make it
available as a stand-alone open-source product.

We provide both the source archive to build your own eGenix PyRun, as
well as pre-compiled binaries for Linux, FreeBSD and Mac OS X, as 32-
and 64-bit versions. The binaries can be downloaded manually, or you
can let our automatic install script install-pyrun take care of the
installation: ./install-pyrun dir and you're done.

Please see the product page for more details:

    http://www.egenix.com/products/python/PyRun/

NEWS

This minor level release of eGenix PyRun comes with the following
enhancements:

Enhancements / Changes
----------------------

 * Removed lzma module from PyRun for Python 3.x again, since this
   caused too many issues with incompatible/missing libzma.so
   references. The module is still being built as optional add-on and
   can be used if the necessary libs are available, but it will no
   longer prevent PyRun from working altogether.

install-pyrun Quick Install Enhancements

eGenix PyRun includes a shell script called install-pyrun, which
greatly simplifies installation of PyRun. It works much like the
virtualenv shell script used for creating new virtual environments
(except that there's nothing virtual about PyRun environments).

    https://downloads.egenix.com/python/install-pyrun

With the script, an eGenix PyRun installation is as simple as running:

    ./install-pyrun targetdir

This will automatically detect the platform, download and install the
right pyrun version into targetdir.

We have updated this script since the last release:

 * Updated install-pyrun to default to eGenix PyRun 2.2.3 and its
   feature set.

For a complete list of changes, please see the eGenix PyRun Changelog:

    http://www.egenix.com/products/python/PyRun/changelog.html

LICENSE

eGenix PyRun is distributed under the eGenix.com Public License 1.1.0
which is an Open Source license similar to the Python license. You can
use eGenix PyRun in both commercial and non-commercial settings
without fee or charge.

Please see our license page for more details:

    http://www.egenix.com/products/python/PyRun/license.html

The package comes with full source code.

DOWNLOADS

The download archives and instructions for installing eGenix PyRun can
be found at:

    http://www.egenix.com/products/python/PyRun/

As always, we are providing pre-built binaries for all common
platforms: Windows 32/64-bit, Linux 32/64-bit, FreeBSD 32/64-bit, Mac
OS X 32/64-bit. Source code archives are available for installation on
other platforms, such as Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, etc.

SUPPORT

Commercial support for this product is available from eGenix.com.
Please see

    http://www.egenix.com/services/support/

for details about our support offerings.

MORE INFORMATION

For more information about eGenix PyRun, licensing and download
instructions, please visit our web-site:

    http://www.egenix.com/products/python/PyRun/

About eGenix (http://www.egenix.com/):

    eGenix is a Python software project, consulting and product
    company delivering expert services and professional quality
    products for companies, Python users and developers. We specialize
    in database driven applications, large scale software designs and
    integration.

Enjoy,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Experts (#1, Nov 21 2016)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/
                      http://www.malemburg.com/