python-can 1.5 release
hardbyte at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 23:21:49 EDT 2016
The can package provides controller area network support for Python developers; providing common abstractions to different hardware devices, and a suite of utilities for sending and receiving messages on a can bus. The library supports Python 2.7, Python 3.3+ and runs on Mac, Linux and Windows.
I'm happy to announce a new version of python-can has been released to PyPi. It can be installed using `pip install python-can` (of course).
This has been cooking in a development branch for a few months with plenty of changes and bug fixes. Documentation has been updated quite substantially, a virtual interface has been added and a consistent filtering api has been added.
In particular a special thanks to Christian Sandberg who has made major contributions to this release.
Note the 1.6 version plans to drop the implementation of the J1939 protocol to better focus on CAN.
- Home page: https://bitbucket.org/hardbyte/python-can/
- Download: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-can/1.5.2
- Documentation: http://python-can.readthedocs.io/en/1.5.2/
- Issue Tracker: https://bitbucket.org/hardbyte/python-can/issues
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/pythoncan
More information about the Python-announce-list