jendrikseipp at web.de
Thu Apr 6 05:03:06 EDT 2017
vulture - Find dead code
Vulture finds unused classes, functions and variables in your code.
This helps you cleanup and find errors in your programs. If you run it
on both your library and test suite you can find untested code.
Due to Python's dynamic nature, static code analyzers like vulture are
likely to miss some dead code. Also, code that is only called
implicitly may be reported as unused. Nonetheless, vulture can be a
helpful tool for higher code quality.
* fast: static code analysis
* lightweight: only one module
* tested: tests itself and has complete test coverage
* complements pyflakes and has the same output syntax
* supports Python 2.6, 2.7 and 3.x
* Add stub whitelist file for Python standard library (thanks @RJ722)
* Ignore class names starting with "Test" in "test\_" files (thanks
* Ignore "test\_" functions only in "test\_" files.
More information about the Python-announce-list