jendrikseipp at web.de
Fri Aug 4 10:50:18 EDT 2017
Vulture - Find dead code
Vulture finds unused code in Python programs. This is useful for
cleaning up and finding errors in large code bases. If you run Vulture
on both your library and test suite you can find untested code.
Due to Python's dynamic nature, static code analyzers like Vulture are
likely to miss some dead code. Also, code that is only called
implicitly may be reported as unused. Nonetheless, Vulture can be a
very helpful tool for higher code quality.
* fast: static code analysis
* lightweight: only one module
* tested: tests itself and has complete test coverage
* complements pyflakes and has the same output syntax
* supports Python 2.6, 2.7 and 3.x
* Detect unreachable code after ``return``, ``break``, ``continue`` and
``raise`` (thanks @RJ722).
* Parse all variable and attribute names in new format strings.
* Extend ast whitelist.
More information about the Python-announce-list