PyDev 5.9.2 released
fabiofz at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 14:12:08 EDT 2017
PyDev 5.9.2 Release Highlights
*Important* PyDev now requires Java 8 and Eclipse 4.6 (Neon) onwards.
- PyDev 5.2.0 is the last release supporting Eclipse 4.5 (Mars).
- Integrated speedups for Python 3.6 which use the new Python hook which
allows the debugger to add breakpoints through bytecode manipulation.
- Some critical fixes related to issues in the latest debugger
(#PyDev-837, #PyDev-838, #PyDev-817).
Added support for having isort as the engine for import sorting.
- Fixed issue on text search with *Lucene* when the user had another
plugin which also used lucene (*#PyDev-826*).
- From this version onwards, PyDev is built with a proper certificate
(previous versions used a self-signed certificate).
- Google App Engine templates now working out of the box (patch by *Mat
- Optimization in editor highlighting when dealing with huge files.
- Some bugfixes in pytest integration.
- *cv2* added to forced builtins by default for working with OpenCV.
- Fixed issue when parsing empty f-string.
What is PyDev?
PyDev is an open-source Python IDE on top of Eclipse for Python, Jython and
It comes with goodies such as code completion, syntax highlighting, syntax
analysis, code analysis, refactor, debug, interactive console, etc.
Details on PyDev: http://pydev.org
Details on its development: http://pydev.blogspot.com
What is LiClipse?
LiClipse is a PyDev standalone with goodies such as support for Multiple
cursors, theming, TextMate bundles and a number of other languages such as
It's also a commercial counterpart which helps supporting the development
Details on LiClipse: http://www.liclipse.com/
PyDev - Python Development Environment for Eclipse
PyVmMonitor - Python Profiler
More information about the Python-announce-list