ANN: Python Events Calendar - Please submit your 2017 events

M.-A. Lemburg mal at python.org
Fri Jan 6 11:00:57 EST 2017

[Please help spread the word by forwarding to other relevant mailing
lists, user groups, etc. world-wide; thanks :-)]

ANNOUNCING

         Python Events Calendars - Please submit your 2017 events

           maintained by the Python Software Foundation (PSF)
                    and a group of volunteers

INTRODUCTION

As some of you may know, the PSF has a team of volunteers who are
maintaining a set of central Python event calendars. We currently have
two calendars in place:

 * Python Events Calendar - meant for conferences and larger gatherings
   focusing on Python or a related technology (in whole or in part)

 * Python User Group Calendar - meant for user group events and other
   smaller local events

The calendars are displayed on https://www.python.org/events/ and
http://pycon.org/. There's also a map mashup to show events near
you or get an overview of what currently going in the Python
community:

   http://lmorillas.github.io/python_events/

You can subscribe to the calendars using iCal and RSS feeds and also
embed the calendar widgets on your sites. We have also added a
Twitter feed @PythonEvents to get immediate updates whenever a new
event is added. Please see our wiki page for details:

   https://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonEventsCalendar

The calendars are open to the world-wide Python community, so you
can have local user group events, as well as regional and
international conference events added to the calendars.

NEWS

Looking back, the calendars have proven to be a great tool
for the Python community to connect, with more than 250 conferences
and more than a hundred of user group events listed since 2012.

We would therefore like to encourage everyone to submit their
2017 events, so that the Python community can get a better overview
over what's happening in Python land.

ADDING EVENTS

Please see the instructions at

https://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonEventsCalendar#Submitting_an_Event

for details on how to submit an event. We've made it really easy for
you: just need to send an email to our team address using the email
template we provide for this. Thanks.

MORE INFORMATION

More information on the calendars, the URLs, feed links, IDs, embedding,
etc. is available on the wiki:

    https://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonEventsCalendar

Enjoy,
--