pytypes 1.0 beta 1 released
Stefan.Richthofer at gmx.de
Mon Jul 10 16:23:06 EDT 2017
After many months of work, we proudly announce the first beta release of pytypes.
pytypes is a toolbox for PEP-484 style typing, explicitly supporting
Python >= 3.3, Python 2.7, Jython >= 2.7.1, PyPy 3 (others not tested, but might work).
Its main features are
- decorators and profiler for runtime typechecking
- decorators for typesafe override checking of methods
- easily pull type information from stubfiles into __annotations__
- get_type_hints: workable backport to Python 2.7 (based on type comments)
- get_type_hints: variant that also takes stubfiles into account
- utility functions is_of_type(obj, tp) and is_subtype(subtype, supertype) for use with PEP 484 types
- decorator and profiler for generating stubfiles from type information observed and logged at runtime
- all these features work equally well on Python 2.7
- all these features smoothly work with OOP, i.e. methods, static methods, class methods, properties
This beta release is intended to allow testing of pytypes' approaches in real-world code.
Please check to what extend it suites your needs and help us to improve it.
License: Apache 2.0
More information about the Python-announce-list