ANN: BOTLIB - Framework to program bots.
thatebart at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 09:29:19 EDT 2017
I like to announce the release of BOTLIB 12.
BOTLIB is a python3 framework to use if you want to program IRC or XMPP bots.
Copyright (C) 2016,2017 by Bart Thate <bthate at dds.nl>
Permission to use, copy, modify, and/or distribute this software for any
purpose with or without fee is hereby granted.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND THE AUTHOR DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES
WITH REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE
FOR ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY
DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER
IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT
OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.
* CLI, IRC and XMPP bots.
* Object class - save/load to/from a JSON file.
* ReST server - serve saved object's over HTTP.
* RSS fetcher - echo rss feeds to IRC channels.
* UDP server - udp to bot to IRC channel.
* Watcher server - run tail -f and have output send to IRC channel.
* Email scanning - scan mbox format to searchable BOTLIB objects.
* Set export PYTHONPATH="." if the bot cannot be found by the python interpreter.
* Set export PYTHONIOENCODING="utf-8" if your shell has problems with handling utf-8 strings.
* For the XMPP server use a ~/.sleekpass file with the password in it
* Bart Thate
* botfather on #dunkbot irc.freenode.net
* bthate at dds.nl, thatebart at gmail.com
BOTLIB is code released in the Public Domain - https://bitbucket.org/bthate/botlib
More information about the Python-announce-list