Vulture 0.17 and 0.18
jendrikseipp at web.de
Mon Jul 17 17:50:41 EDT 2017
vulture - Find dead code
Vulture finds unused classes, functions, imports and variables in your
code. This helps you cleanup and find errors in your programs. If you
run it on both your library and test suite you can find untested code.
Due to Python's dynamic nature, static code analyzers like vulture are
likely to miss some dead code. Also, code that is only called
implicitly may be reported as unused. Nonetheless, vulture can be a
helpful tool for higher code quality.
* fast: static code analysis
* lightweight: only one module
* tested: tests itself and has complete test coverage
* complements pyflakes and has the same output syntax
* supports Python 2.6, 2.7 and 3.x
* Make `--sort-by-size` faster and more accurate (thanks @RJ722).
* Add `get_unused_code()` method.
* Return with exit code 1 when syntax errors are found or files can't be
More information about the Python-announce-list