Nikola v7.8.7 is out!
kwpolska at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 11:14:00 EDT 2017
On behalf of the Nikola team, I am pleased to announce the immediate
availability of Nikola v7.8.7. This is a part-emergency bugfix,
part-world domination release.
What is Nikola?
Nikola is a static site and blog generator, written in Python.
It can use Mako and Jinja2 templates, and input in many popular markup
formats, such as reStructuredText and Markdown — and can even turn
Jupyter (IPython) Notebooks into blog posts! It also supports image
galleries, and is multilingual. Nikola is flexible, and page builds
are extremely fast, courtesy of doit (which is rebuilding only what
has been changed).
Find out more at the website: https://getnikola.com/
Install using `pip install Nikola` or download tarballs on GitHub and PyPI:
In an effort to improve interoperability with other static site
generators, make importing data easier, and help with world
domination, Nikola v7.8.7 ships with support for the following
* reST-style comments (.. name: value — default format)
* Two-file format (reST-style comments or 7-line)
* Jupyter Notebook metadata
* YAML, between --- (Jekyll, Hugo)
* TOML, between +++ (Hugo)
* reST docinfo (Pelican)
* Markdown metadata extension (Pelican)
In addition, Markdown is now enabled and required by default.
More details: <https://getnikola.com/handbook.html#metadata-formats>
The release also fixes two important bugs, one that crashes when
trying to detect locale in some edge cases, and another which made
some themes quietly leak template files. If you’re using a
Jinja2-based theme that does not have its own `parent` file, please
force a rebuild (nikola build -a).
* Enable markdown by default (part of Issue #2809)
* Allowing to register filters from plugins, and allowing to specify
default filters as strings of the form ``filters.<name>`` (part of
* Support ignoring assets via ``ignore_assets`` theme meta field
* Ignore unused Colorbox locales (Issue #2812)
* Accept tag metadata as lists for YAML/TOML (Issue #2801)
* Support for mapping metadata from other formats to Nikola names
using the ``METADATA_MAPPING`` setting (Issue #2817)
* Support for reStructured text docinfo metadata with
``USE_REST_DOCINFO_METADATA`` option, defaulting to False
* New ``HIDE_REST_DOCINFO`` option, defaulting to False.
* Support for Markdown Metadata for Pelican compatibility by adding
``'markdown.extensions.meta'`` to ``MARKDOWN_EXTENSIONS``
* Support for YAML and TOML metadata (Issue #2801)
* Use inheritance tree when looking for theme engine (Issue #2816)
* Fix unbound variable error in locale guessing (Issue #2806)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 512 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the Python-announce-list