PyDev 5.8.0: Code Coverage fixes, IronPython debugging
fabiofz at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 14:15:15 EDT 2017
PyDev 5.8.0 Release Highlights
*Important* PyDev now requires Java 8 and Eclipse 4.6 (Neon) onwards.
- PyDev 5.2.0 is the last release supporting Eclipse 4.5 (Mars).
- Fixed issue getting existing PyLint markers.
- There's now an Info and an Ignore level.
- The debugger now provides hooks for clients and provides ways to
extend the handling of custom types. See:
by *Yuli Fiterman*).
- Fixed issue where the debugger could end up removing quotes on
- The debugger now works with IronPython again -- although note that
*IronPython* *2.7.6* and *2.7.7* have a critical bug which prevents
IronPython from working in PyDev:
- Fixed issue getting code-coverage version. *#PyDev-791*
- Properly works when running with pytest (provided that pytest-cov
- Update .yaml file for google app engine project templates (patch by
- Upgraded Lucene to 6.1.0 (patch by *Sopot Cela*).
- Update docstring from parameters (Ctrl+1 on *def*) properly
considers sphinx with types. *#PyDev-787*
- Code Completion: Properly finding *__init__* from superclass in
inherited classes. *#PyDev-802*
- No longer showing icon to start interactive console in toolbar
because Eclipse could end up creating multiple entries which were shown
- Other minor bugfixes.
What is PyDev?
PyDev is an open-source Python IDE on top of Eclipse for Python, Jython and
It comes with goodies such as code completion, syntax highlighting, syntax
analysis, code analysis, refactor, debug, interactive console, etc.
Details on PyDev: http://pydev.org
Details on its development: http://pydev.blogspot.com
What is LiClipse?
LiClipse is a PyDev standalone with goodies such as support for Multiple
cursors, theming, TextMate bundles and a number of other languages such as
It's also a commercial counterpart which helps supporting the development
Details on LiClipse: http://www.liclipse.com/
PyDev - Python Development Environment for Eclipse
PyVmMonitor - Python Profiler
More information about the Python-announce-list