Twisted 17.5 Release Announcement
Amber Hawkie Brown
hawkowl at atleastfornow.net
Sat Jun 10 21:14:58 EDT 2017
On behalf of Twisted Matrix Laboratories, I am honoured to announce the release of Twisted 17.5!
The highlights of this release are:
- twisted.python.url has been spun out into the new 'hyperlink' package; importing twisted.python.url is now a compatibility alias
- Initial support for OpenSSL 1.1.0.
- Fixes around the reactor DNS resolver changes in 17.1, solving all known regressions
- Deferred.asFuture and Deferred.fromFuture, to allow you to map asyncio Futures to Twisted Deferreds and vice versa, for use the with Python 3+ asyncioreactor in Twisted
- Support for TLS 1.3 ciphersuites, in advance of a released OpenSSL to enable the protocol
- Further Python 3 support in twisted.web, initial support in twisted.mail.smtp.
For more information, check the NEWS file (link provided below).
You can find the downloads at <https://pypi.python.org/pypi/Twisted <https://pypi.python.org/pypi/Twisted>> (or alternatively <http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/Downloads <http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/Downloads>>). The NEWS file is also available at <https://github.com/twisted/twisted/blob/twisted-17.5.0/NEWS.rst <https://github.com/twisted/twisted/blob/twisted-17.5.0/NEWS.rst>>.
Many thanks to everyone who had a part in this release - the supporters of the Twisted Software Foundation, the developers who contributed code as well as documentation, and all the people building great things with Twisted!
Amber Brown (HawkOwl)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 455 bytes
Desc: Message signed with OpenPGP
More information about the Python-announce-list