Nikola v7.8.8 is out!
kwpolska at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 08:57:07 EDT 2017
On behalf of the Nikola team, I am pleased to announce the immediate
availability of Nikola v7.8.8. It fixes some bugs and adds new
What is Nikola?
Nikola is a static site and blog generator, written in Python.
It can use Mako and Jinja2 templates, and input in many popular markup
formats, such as reStructuredText and Markdown — and can even turn
Jupyter Notebooks into blog posts! It also supports image galleries,
and is multilingual. Nikola is flexible, and page builds are extremely
fast, courtesy of doit (which is rebuilding only what has been changed).
Find out more at the website: https://getnikola.com/
Install using `pip install Nikola` or download tarballs on GitHub and PyPI:
This release fixes two grave bugs in TOML metadata support (sorry!).
The built-in themes have also been cleaned up and include less unused
assets. In addition, taxonomies now support translations. HTML meta
tags are also possible metadata sources. The default metadata format
to generate can now be changed.
* Providing infrastructure for taxonomies for classification pages to
link to related classifications in other languages
* Added alternate links (visible and header) for archives and authors
* Added options to add alternative links (visible and header) for
tags, sections and categories.
* New METADATA_FORMAT option to choose preferred metadata format
(Nikola/YAML/TOML/Pelican) (Part of Issue #2801)
* Extract metadata from HTML meta and title tags like Pelican (Issue #1923)
* Update assets in the ``base`` and ``base-jinja`` themes and clean
up code (Issue #2744)
* Show captions in the base theme gallery (Part of issue #2777)
* Fix two grave bugs in TOML metadata
* Require just one line break after TOML/YAML metadata
* Add alt attribute to images in galleries in base theme (Part of issue
* Support empty lines in YAML/TOML metadata (Part of issue #2801)
* Tests run on macOS.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 512 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the Python-announce-list