Blockbuster updates to four free desktop apps
lutz at learning-python.com
Tue Jun 20 15:00:52 EDT 2017
Announcing colossal new releases of four desktop programs:
* PyEdit - Edit Text. Run Code. Have Fun.
A Python/Tk text-editor and code-launcher GUI, that can
be used as both standalone program and library component.
* Frigcal - Personal Calendar GUI; No Login Required
A Python/Tk calendar GUI, which stores your calendar entries
in portable ICS files that work across all platforms.
* Mergeall - Backup and Mirror Your Stuff Your Way
A Python/Tk GUI+script program that does both incremental
backups, and manual but private content propagation.
* PyMailGUI - Email Without the Evil
A Python/Tk email client GUI, for accessing email both
online at email accounts, and offline in save files.
All four now run on Mac OS X, Windows, and Linux; are now
available as Mac app, Windows and Linux executable, and
full source-code packages; and come with privacy baked in.
If you used any of these programs in the past, you may also
be interested in recent upgrades. Among the highlights:
- PyEdit has a new Run Code, auto-saves, and menu accelerators
- Frigcal features a new GUI launcher and calendar-search tool
- Mergeall does symlinks, cruft skips, and Windows long paths
- PyMailGUI sports a new GUI launcher and unsaved-changes tests
For all the details, and to grab copies of your own, visit
programs central here:
--M. Lutz, http://learning-python.com
More information about the Python-announce-list