EuroSciPy 2017 - Call for Contributions extended to July 2

Mike Müller mmueller at python-academy.de
Fri Jun 30 11:40:24 EDT 2017

Call for Contributions
----------------------

There are only 2 days left to submit a talk, tutorial, or poster for
EuroSciPy 2017 (https://www.euroscipy.org/2017/).

Don't miss the change to talk about what you do with Python in science.
Submit your proposal today: https://www.papercall.io/euroscipy-2017

About EuroSciPy
---------------

The EuroSciPy meeting is a cross-disciplinary gathering focused on the use and
development of the Python language in scientific research. This event strives
to bring together both users and developers of scientific tools, as well as
academic research and state of the art industry.

Presentations of scientific tools and libraries using the Python language,
including but not limited to:
Vector and array manipulation
Parallel computing
Scientific visualization
Scientific data flow and persistence
Algorithms implemented or exposed in Python
Web applications and portals for science and engineering-
Reports on the use of Python in scientific achievements or
ongoing projects.
General-purpose Python tools that can be of special interest
to the scientific community.

This year, we have announced our two keynote speakers: Julia Roher, one of the
authors of the blog the http://www.the100.ci/, who will discuss scientific
reproducibility and statistical analysis, and Soumith Chintala
https://research.fb.com/people/chintala-soumith/ , Senior Researcher at
Facebook AI Research, who will talk about using pytorch for Deep Learning
http://pytorch.org/