EuroPython 2017 Keynote: Tracy Osborn

M.-A. Lemburg mal at europython.eu
Wed May 3 06:46:30 EDT 2017

We are pleased to announce our first keynote speaker for
EuroPython 2017:

			   * Tracy Osborn *

About Tracy
-----------

Tracy Osborn is a designer, developer, and entrepreneur living in
Toronto, Canada.

Tracy holds a Bachelors degree in Art & Design. She taught herself how
to do websites as a kid, learned how to program and launched
WeddingLovely, an online wedding planner to help them track, plan, and
design their perfect wedding day.

She’s also the author, designer, and publisher of Hello Web App, a
self-published book series on beginner web app development with Python
and Django.

    https://hellowebapp.com/

She’s been an active member and developer of the Django Software
Foundation for three years. In her spare time, she’s an avid
outdoorswoman and would love to go on a hike with you.

The Keynote: The Different Roads We Take

We’ve all taken different routes to get to where we are today, and
we’re not all currently on the same road going the same place. Tracy
Osborn will talk about the idea of the “Python engineer,” her (long
and full of bumps and potholes) journey to learning and teaching
Python, and the harmful myths about learning programming and the paths
available when you do so.

PS: Please don't forget to participate in our talk voting:
http://blog.europython.eu/post/160188973072/europython-2017-talk-voting-is-open

Enjoy,
--
EuroPython 2017 Team
http://ep2017.europython.eu/

PS: Please forward or retweet to help us reach all interested parties:
https://twitter.com/europython/status/859718901147594752
Thanks.