EuroPython 2017 Keynote: Katharine Jarmul

Alexander Hendorf hendorf at europython.eu
Thu May 18 08:38:51 EDT 2017

We are pleased to announce our next keynote speaker for
EuroPython 2017:

                         * Katharine Jarmul *

About Katharine Jarmul
------------------------

Katharine Jarmul is a pythonista and founder of Kjamistan,
a data consulting company in Berlin, Germany.
She’s been using Python since 2008 to solve and create problems.
She helped form the first PyLadies chapter in Los Angeles in 2010,
and co-authored an O'Reilly book along with several video courses
on Python and data.

She enjoys following the latest developments
in machine learning, natural language processing and workflow automation
infrastructure and is generally chatty and crabby on Twitter,
where you can keep up with her latest shenanigans (@kjam).

The Keynote: If Ethics is not None
-------------------------------------
The history of computing, as it’s often covered in textbooks or talks,
remains primarily focused on a series of hardware advancements,
architectures, operating systems and software.

In this talk, we will instead explore the history of ethics in computing,
touching on the early days of computers in warfare and science,
leading up to ethical issues today such as Artificial Intelligence and privacy regulation.

Enjoy,
--
EuroPython 2017 Team
http://ep2017.europython.eu/ <http://ep2017.europython.eu/>

PS: Please forward or retweet to help us reach all interested parties:
https://twitter.com/europython/status/865181154214916097 <https://twitter.com/europython/status/863018377798967296>
Thanks.