PyDev 6.1.0 Released
fabiofz at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 06:02:03 EST 2017
PyDev 6.1.0 Release Highlights
*Important* PyDev now requires Java 8 and Eclipse 4.6 (Neon) onwards.
- PyDev 5.2.0 is the last release supporting Eclipse 4.5 (Mars).
- The PyDev code formatter can now add/remove blank lines to comply with
- Added preference to skip blank lines formatting.
- Editor now tolerant against errors in the definitions of style ranges.
- When in link mode (after a code completion with params for
instance), properly skip closing parenthesis if already well balanced.
- Fix logic error in editor preferences for disabling subword
navigation (patch by *Stuart Berg*).
- Using *python -m 'pip'* when unable to find pip executable in
interpreter preferences (*#PyDev-853*).
- PyDev set next statement action set no longer disables Debug action
- It's possible to silence question about saving resources before a
- Add problem markers for python files that declare invalid encodings
(patch by *Mat Booth*).
- Other minor bugfixes.
What is PyDev?
PyDev is an open-source Python IDE on top of Eclipse for Python, Jython and
It comes with goodies such as code completion, syntax highlighting, syntax
analysis, code analysis, refactor, debug, interactive console, etc.
Details on PyDev: http://pydev.org
Details on its development: http://pydev.blogspot.com
What is LiClipse?
LiClipse is a PyDev standalone with goodies such as support for Multiple
cursors, theming, TextMate bundles and a number of other languages such as
It's also a commercial counterpart which helps supporting the development
Details on LiClipse: http://www.liclipse.com/
PyDev - Python Development Environment for Eclipse
PyVmMonitor - Python Profiler
More information about the Python-announce-list