ANN: distlib 0.2.6 released on PyPI
vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Oct 28 08:04:21 EDT 2017
I've just released version 0.2.6 of distlib on PyPI . For newcomers,distlib is a library of packaging functionality which is intended to beusable as the basis for third-party packaging tools.
The main changes in this release are as follows:
* Fixed #99: Updated to handle a case where sys.getfilesystemencoding() returns None.
* Fixed #97: Eliminated a crash in EggInfoDistribution.list_distinfo_files() which was caused by trying to open a non-existent file.
* Fixed #96: SimpleScrapingLocator no longer fails prematurely when scraping links due to invalid versions.
* Improved error messages issued when interpreting markers.
* Improved the shebangs written into installed scripts when the interpreter path is very long or contains spaces (to cater for a limitation in shebang line parsing on Linux).
* Updated launcher binaries.
A more detailed change log is available at .
Please try it out, and if you find any problems or have any suggestions forimprovements, please give some feedback using the issue tracker! 
 https://pypi.python.org/pypi/distlib/0.2.6 https://goo.gl/M3kQzR https://bitbucket.org/pypa/distlib/issues/new
More information about the Python-announce-list