ANN: yacron 0.5.0 released
gjcarneiro at gmail.com
Sun Sep 17 16:02:20 EDT 2017
yacron is a modern Cron replacement that is Docker-friendly
- "Crontab" is in YAML format;
- Builtin sending of Sentry and Mail outputs when cron jobs fail;
- Flexible configuration: you decide how to determine if a cron job fails
- Designed for running in Docker, Kubernetes, or 12 factor environments:
- Runs in the foreground;
- Logs everything to stdout/stderr ;
- Option to automatically retry failing cron jobs, with exponential backoff.
 Whereas vixie cron only logs to syslog, requiring a syslog daemon to be
running in the background or else you don't get logs!
Home page: https://github.com/gjcarneiro/yacron
Note: I am not planning any more features until the 1.0 release, but I
appreciate help finding and fixing bugs.
Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro
"The universe is always one step beyond logic." -- Frank Herbert
More information about the Python-announce-list