Twisted 17.9.0 Release Announcement
Amber Hawkie Brown
hawkowl at atleastfornow.net
Sat Sep 23 06:22:01 EDT 2017
On behalf of Twisted Matrix Laboratories, I am honoured to announce the release of Twisted 17.9.0!
The highlights of this release are:
- More Python 3 porting, including twisted.mail.imap4, twisted.python.shortcut, twisted.python.rebuild, twisted.web.sux, twisted.web.microdom, and a ton of bugs and inconsistencies fixed.
- twistd on Python 3 now supports the dns, inetd, portforward, procmon, socks, and words plugins.
- HTTP/1.1 and HTTP/2 OPTIONS * request support in Twisted Web
- twist web now accepts the argument --add-header, which can be used to set things like HSTS headers without custom code
- Improvements to IMAP4 behaviour and several logic bugfixes
- Removal of outdated documentation and updates to make them work on Python 3
- Over 70 closed tickets overall.
For more information, check the NEWS file (link provided below).
You can find the downloads at <https://pypi.python.org/pypi/Twisted <https://pypi.python.org/pypi/Twisted>> (or alternatively <http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/Downloads <http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/Downloads>>). The NEWS file is also available at <https://github.com/twisted/twisted/blob/twisted-17.9.0/NEWS.rst <https://github.com/twisted/twisted/blob/twisted-17.9.0/NEWS.rst>>.
Many thanks to everyone who had a part in this release - the supporters of the Twisted Software Foundation, the developers who contributed code as well as documentation, and all the people building great things with Twisted!
Amber Brown (HawkOwl)
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 455 bytes
Desc: Message signed with OpenPGP
More information about the Python-announce-list