Twisted 18.7 Release Announcement
hawkowl at atleastfornow.net
Fri Jul 13 15:13:53 EDT 2018
On behalf of Twisted Matrix Laboratories, I am honoured to announce the
release of Twisted 18.7!
The highlights of this release are:
- better support for async/await coroutines in regards to exception and
- better support for reporting tracebacks in inlineCallbacks, now
showing what you would expect in synchronous-like code
- the epoll reactor now no longer hard-locks when running out of file
- directory rendering in t.web works on Python 2 again
- manhole's colouriser is better at handling Unicode
- setting the groundwork for Python 3.7 support. Note that Python 3.7 is
currently not a supported platform on any operating system, and may
completely fail to install, especially on Windows.
For more information, check the NEWS file (link provided below).
You can find the downloads at <https://pypi.python.org/pypi/Twisted> (or
alternatively <http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/Downloads>). The NEWS
file is also available at
Many thanks to everyone who had a part in this release - the supporters
of the Twisted Software Foundation, the developers who contributed code
as well as documentation, and all the people building great things with
Amber Brown (HawkOwl)
More information about the Python-announce-list