PyCA cryptography 2.3 released

Paul Kehrer paul.l.kehrer at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 08:19:27 EDT 2018

PyCA cryptography 2.2.2 has been released to PyPI. cryptography includes
both high level recipes and low level interfaces to common cryptographic
algorithms such as symmetric ciphers, message digests, and key derivation
functions. We support Python 2.7, Python 3.4+, and PyPy.

Changelog (https://cryptography.io/en/latest/changelog/#v2-3):

* SECURITY ISSUE: finalize_with_tag() allowed tag truncation by default
which can allow tag forgery in some cases. The method now enforces the
min_tag_length provided to the GCM constructor.
* Added support for Python 3.7.
* Added extract_timestamp() to get the authenticated timestamp of a Fernet
token.
* Support for Python 2.7.x without hmac.compare_digest has been deprecated.
We will require Python 2.7.7 or higher (or 2.7.6 on Ubuntu) in the next
cryptography release.
* Fixed multiple issues preventing cryptography from compiling against
LibreSSL 2.7.x.
* Added get_revoked_certificate_by_serial_number for quick serial number
searches in CRLs.
* The RelativeDistinguishedName class now preserves the order of
attributes. Duplicate attributes now raise an error instead of silently
discarding duplicates.
* aes_key_unwrap() and aes_key_unwrap_with_padding() now raise
InvalidUnwrap if the wrapped key is an invalid length, instead of
ValueError.

-Paul Kehrer (reaperhulk)